Ladies Only: Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – Two Day (Audubon, PA)
Oct 21 @ 8:30 am—Oct 22 @ 3:30 pm EDT40$ - 80$
This will be a special event for FEMALE students only — thanks for joining us!
2-day Basic Rifle Overview
Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day, and a safe rifle.
You may want to bring centerfire rifles and ammunition for this event, as the range goes to 300 yards. This event will be at 50 feet and is limited to .22 rimfire only.
2-day Basic Rifle includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Rifle parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions to include use of the sling
- Introduction to Sight Adjustments and basic calculation of minutes of angle
- 50 foot “Morgan’s 13” Classifier
- 50 foot Qualification Test
- Intermediate calculation of minutes of angle for precise sight adjustments at all ranges
- Introduction to Field Shooting, to include basic ballistics
- As time allows, there may be additional opportunities to engage in challenging competitions to include the Qualification Test, Battle Rattle, and/or Field Shoot
This is our signature offering, based on traditional American riflecraft that teaches “Hits Count!” It is appropriate for a wide breadth of student skill levels. This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a variety of practical field positions.
All firing for this event will be at 50 feet and is limited to .22 rimfire.
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Additional Event Information
This event is for FEMALE students only, is open to the public and is appropriate for all ages that can safely handle a rifle.
All participants must have eye and ear protection. The club provides loaner shooting mats and GI slings and has a number of loaner rifles (S&W M&P 15-22’s) available. If you need a loaner rifle, be sure to respond in the affirmative to that question for each ticket holder who needs a loaner.
All rifles must be cased unless on the firing line.
Additional Range Information
This event will be on bay 4 of the 25 yard range. Bottled water is provided for all participants. A $5.00 range fee is required for all participants.
Wondering What to Bring?
Don't See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere's Riders events.