- This event has passed.
1-day Basic Rifle (Las Vegas, NV)
Apr 30, 2016 @ 7:30 am—5:00 pm PDT
1-day Basic Rifle Overview
Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day and a safe rifle.
1-day Basic Rifle includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Rifle parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions to include use of the sling
- Introduction to Sight Adjustments and basic calculation of minutes of angle
- 25 Yard Freedom Bell Classifier
- 25 Yard Qualification Test
This is our signature offering, based on traditional American riflecraft that teaches “Hits Count!” It is appropriate for a wide breadth of student skill levels. This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a variety of practical field positions. Shooting will begin at 25 yards, but we will have the opportunity to move out to 100 yards in the afternoon.
A rimfire rifle is fine to practice with at these shorter ranges, but you may bring a centerfire rifle if you prefer.
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Additional Range Information
- Bring a lunch or plan to buy a lunch from the on-site grill. Restaurants are not close enough to visit without missing instruction that is given during the lunch break.
- Range fees are included in your tuition cost.
- Please arrive at 0745 so that we can complete check-in and safety procedures briefing prior to the range opening at 0800. We have a limited time on the firing line and want to make the most of it!
- Please meet at the CCSP Education Center. This is the north-eastern most facility at the CCSP. We will be on the private 100 yard bay. Look for colorful historical flags!
You may purchase tickets for this event via Picatic:PURCHASE TICKETS
Wondering What to Bring?
Don't See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere's Riders events.