- This event has passed.
2-day Rifle Clinic (Las Vegas, NV)
Oct 1, 2016 @ 7:45 am—Oct 2, 2016 @ 5:00 pm PDT
2-day Basic Rifle Clinic Overview
Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day, and a safe rifle.
2-day Basic Rifle includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Rifle parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions to include use of the sling
- Introduction to Sight Adjustments and basic calculation of minutes of angle
- 25 Yard “Morgan’s 13” Classifier
- 25 Yard Qualification Test
- Intermediate calculation of minutes of angle for precise sight adjustments at all ranges
- Introduction to Field Shooting, to include basic ballistics and live firing to longer distances
- As time allows, there may be additional opportunities to engage in challenging competitions to include the Qualification Test, Battle Rattle, and/or Field Shoot
This is our signature offering, based on traditional American riflecraft that teaches “Hits Count!” It is appropriate for a wide breadth of student skill levels. This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a variety of practical field positions. Shooting will begin at 25 yards on Saturday. Saturday afternoon we will cover the fundamentals of Known Distance shooting, and on Sunday we will move out to use the full 100 yards available to us. Rimfire rifle shooters will be able to practice getting their DOPE, calculating come-ups, and getting hits out at 100 yards. Centerfire rifle shooters will be able to build confidence in their rifles right before the opening of hunting season.
Discounted 22 LR ammunition is available for youth shooters.
Clark County Shooting Park has firearms available for rent. Instructors may have loaner equipment available as well.
Please contact the event director for details.
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Your ticket price includes all range fees for Clark County Shooting Park. This event is slightly more expensive than typical Revere’s Riders events due to the fees charged by Clark County for use of this world-class facility.
9 people are attending 2-day Rifle Clinic (Las Vegas, NV)
Wondering What to Bring?
Don't See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere's Riders events.