- This event has passed.
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – Weekend (Las Vegas, NV)
Apr 15, 2017 @ 7:45 am—Apr 16, 2017 @ 4:30 pm PDT
This will be a special Patriot’s Day event to commemorate the birth of our nation on April 19th, 1775 and to honor those who gave their lives for our Liberty on that day—thanks for joining us!
2-day Hits Count Rifle Overview
Prerequisites: None if attending both days or Saturday only. If planning on attending only Sunday, previous experience at a Revere’s Riders event, NRA rifle class, or CMP clinic is suggested.
Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day, and a safe rifle.
2-day Basic Rifle includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. During the first day, students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Rifle parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions to include use of the sling
- Introduction to Sight Adjustments and basic calculation of minutes of angle
- 25 Yard “Morgan’s 13” Classifier
- 25 Yard Rifle Qualification Test
On Day Two, we will add some additional subjects to include:
- Brief review of previous day’s material
- Intermediate calculation of minutes of angle for precise sight adjustments at all ranges
- Introduction to Field Shooting, to include basic ballistics and live firing to longer distances
- Collection of Data on Personal Equipment at 25/50/75/100 yards to gather ballistic information (especially illuminating for 22 LR rimfire shooters)
- 100 Yard “Mini Service Rifle” Qualifier
- As time allows, unknown distance “Smallbore Field Shoot Top Shot” with steel
- As time allows, inclusion of Vintage M1 Carbine material and qualifier (suitable for firing with rimfire 22 LR or a centerfire carbine)
This is our signature offering, based on traditional American riflecraft that teaches “Hits Count!” It is appropriate for a wide breadth of student skill levels. This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a variety of practical field positions.
Shooting will primarily be at 25 yards. At some facilities, it may be possible to move out to longer distances, but a rimfire rifle should be just fine for all activities.
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Additional Range Information
Do not pay range fees at the CCSP main office. Your ticket price includes all range fees for the weekend. We will be on the 50 yard bay at the education center on Saturday and the 100 yard bay on Sunday.
9 people are attending Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – Weekend (Las Vegas, NV)
Wondering What to Bring?
Don't See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere's Riders events.