- This event has passed.
Marksman Match: CMP Service Rifle & NRA AR Challenge (Las Vegas, NV)
Feb 18, 2017 @ 8:00 am—11:45 am PST
Marksman Match Overview
Prerequisites: None. There will be no formal instruction at this event but certified instructors will be on hand to assist with zeroing, sighters, etc during the warmup period.
Eligibility: Open to all eligible participants. You need not be a member of the NRA or a CMP affiliated club to participate. Participants will have to sign a liability waiver. No more than 12 entries are permitted for this event.
Estimated Ammunition Required: 100 rounds — 15 rounds (warmup), 50 rounds (CMP Service Rifle), 25 rounds (NRA AR Challenge), 10+ sighters (more if desired).
Rifle Match Overview
This event includes a CMP Service Rifle and NRA AR Challenge event. This is the course of fire:
- Sighters (0800-0845): The range will be open from 0800-0845 for sighters and individual warmup.
- Check-in, Safety, and Course of Fire Brief (0845): Please arrive on time so we can start the match on time.
- Service Rifle (0900): We will fire the Short Range National Match course of fire at a distance of 100 yards. This course of fire includes both rapid and slow fire in the standing, kneeling/sitting, and prone positions. Please refer to the CMP rulebook Table 7 for a review of the course of fire. All firing will be on scaled targets at 100 yards at this venue so no DOPE is required.
- NRA AR Challenge (1030): We will fire a NRA AR challenge Basic Match event. This course of fire includes rapid fire from 7-100 yards in the standing, kneeling, and prone positions. If you only intend to fire this match, arrive by 1015 to check-in and receive a safety brief.
CMP Firearms: NRA & CMP’s 2017 rules allow a wide variety of rifles to be used at these events. For the CMP portion, firearms will be classified into one of the following classes IAW Chapter 6 of the CMP rules. Please review the CMP rules (chapter 6, page 32) if you want to ensure placement in the service rifle category as there are a number of details.
- M16/AR-15 Service Rifle: Most AR-15s with an optic below 4.5x (or iron sights), a standard A2 grip, a trigger with pull weight greater than 4.5 lbs, and a standard charging handle now qualify in this category. Slings must be mounted no more than 13 inches forward of the mag well.
- Alternative Rifle: For our friends in California, CMP is allowing variant rifles chambered in 5.56 using optics <4.5x or iron sights. Review rule 6.1.2 for details.
- M14 Service Rifle or M1 Garand Service Rifle: IAW Rules 6.1.3 and 6.1.4.
- Match Rifle: Nearly all rifles chambered between 5.56 and .308 are eligibile IAW rule 6.1.5.
- Other Rifles: We will allow other rifles to be fired for practice, fun and bragging rights but scores with non-eligible rifles will not be reported to CMP.
NRA Firearms: For the AR Challenge portion, nearly any safe semi-automatic magazine fed rifle with a sling will be suitable. Classes exist for shooters using iron sights, any single optic, and multiple optics. Please review page 4 of the ARC guidebook for details.
Multiple Rifles: You may use two different rifles (one for each event), but you must use the same rifle for the entire event. For example, you can use Rifle A for the entire CMP event, then switch to Rifle B for the NRA event.
Other Equipment: Bring a shooting mat, blanket or carpet scrap if you have one.
Rules: In accordance with the current edition of the CMP Service Rulebook and NRA AR Challenge Guidebook. For the NRA AR Challenge, locally developed targets may be substituted for the AR-1.
Prizes: Shooters reaching CMP Achievement Award scores or NRA AR Challenge thresholds will receive a patch or pin. Additionally, shooters who score as a CMP “Sharpshooter” (85%) will receive a patch. Score cutoffs are:
- Service Rifle: 476+ (Gold), 465-475 (Silver), 454-464 (Bronze)
- NRA AR Challenge: 20/20 + clear bonus challenge (Gold), 19/20 (Silver), 17/20 (Patch)
Service Rifle match scores will be reported to the CMP and competitors will be able to begin accruing credit towards the new CMP classification system.
Contact: Contact Chris Seidler with Revere’s Riders at gro.s1537775372rediR1537775372serev1537775372eR@no1537775372igeRW1537775372S1537775372 with any questions.
Match Fees: Youth, military personnel, and teachers are discounted. Discounts apply for pre-registration prior to 15 February. Match fee includes all range fees.
4 people are attending Marksman Match: CMP Service Rifle & NRA AR Challenge (Las Vegas, NV)
Wondering What to Bring?
Don't See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere's Riders events.