Revere's Riders has made changes to how we run our events in order to align with current CDC recommendations.
- This event has passed.
D-Day Anniversary: Historic Military Surplus Rifles (Seelyville, IN)
Jun 8, 2019 @ 8:00 am—5:00 pm EDT
Come and join us in a celebration of the 75th anniversary of D-Day, June 6, 1944. Imagine what it might have been like on the beaches of Normandy during Operation Overlord while firing a historic WWII-era military surplus rifle. Additional WWI-era and other historic rifles will be available at this event as well.
Historic Military Surplus Rifles Overview
Prerequisites: Only limited instruction will be provided at this course (basic shooting position and technique on an as needed basis). Ability to handle a firearm in a safe and responsible manner. In general, this would mean prior participation in Revere’s Riders Rifle 125 or similar instructional course and experience firing .30 caliber centerfire rifles.
Estimated Ammunition Required: None
Rifle Requirements: None
Required Equipment: You should plan to bring the following equipment to the event:
- a way to take notes
- hearing protection
- eye protection
- plenty of your preferred method of hydration (both plain water and something to replace electrolytes you will lose via sweating is ideal)
- clothing appropriate for the weather (loose fitting clothing, especially around the neck, is discouraged as hot brass can lodge against the skin and cause a burn)
Optional Equipment: The following equipment is not required but may come in handy at the event:
- shooting mat, carpet remnant or similar
- hat with a brim (to deflect flying hot brass)
- folding chair
- sunscreen and/or bug spray
Overview: We will be presenting on several historic military surplus rifles (mainly from the mid 20th century):
- US M1 Garand (.30-06 caliber, 8 rounds)
- US M1 Carbine (.30 Carbine caliber, 5 rounds)
- US Springfield Model 1903A3 (.30-06 caliber, 5 rounds)
- US Model 1917 Enfield (.30-06 caliber, 5 rounds)
- British N°1 Mk III Lee-Enfield (SMLE) (.303 British caliber, 5 rounds)
- British N°4 Mk 2 Lee-Enfield (.303 British caliber, 5 rounds)
- Japanese Type 99 Arisaka (7.7x58mm caliber, 3 rounds)
- Swiss Model 1911 (7.5x55mm caliber, 5 rounds)
- Swiss Model K31 (7.5x55mm caliber, 5 rounds)
- Swedish Gevär m/96 (6.5x55mm caliber, 5 rounds)
- Russian Mosin Nagant 1891/30 (7.62x54R caliber, 5 rounds)
- Russian Mosin Nagant M44 Carbine (7.62x54R caliber, 5 rounds)
- Yugoslavian Model 1948 98k (8x57mm Mauser caliber, 5 rounds)
- Spanish Mauser M1893 (7.62x51mm NATO caliber, 5 rounds)
At the end of the rifle history presentation, participants will be provided the opportunity to fire each rifle on the range (# of rounds included with your ticket price are indicated after each rifle). Appropriate ammunition will be provided as well as the opportunity to purchase additional ammunition on-site from Premier Arms (see below).
This is an extremely unique opportunity for the fan of early to mid 20th century military surplus rifles to learn the history of 14 different rifles as well as the opportunity to put rounds downrange through all of them. On a single day!
This is a collection of historic rifles with a combined value well north of $10,000; the 71 rounds of ammunition for all rifles amounts to around $50 per participant alone.
Wondering What to Bring?
Don't See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere's Riders events.