- This event has passed.
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – One Day (Audubon, PA)
Jun 20, 2020 @ 8:30 am—3:30 pm EDT
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) Overview
Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day.
Rifle Requirements: You will need a safe rifle chambered in a rimfire caliber (.22LR, .17HMR, etc.) or a “pistol caliber carbine” (PCC) chambered in 9x19mm, .38 S&W/.357 Magnun, .40 S&W or .45 ACP. Note that centerfire rifle calibers will not be allowed due to restrictions for the range we will be using. Loaner rifles are generally available; if you need a loaner rifle, please indicate such when filling out your ticket information.
Magazine-fed semi-automatic rifles generally work best for our classes, but any other type of rifle (tube-fed semi-automatic, lever-action, bolt-action, etc.) can be used as well. Note that your pistol caliber carbine (and rifle as well) should have sling mounts in order for you to fully benefit from our instruction at this event.
Required Equipment: Please review our suggestions for appropriate Rifle 125 equipment and plan to bring the following:
- at least two magazines for your rifle
- a way to take notes
- hearing protection
- eye protection
- plenty of your preferred method of hydration (both plain water and something to replace electrolytes you will lose via sweating is ideal)
- clothing appropriate for the weather (loose fitting clothing, especially around the neck, is discouraged as hot brass can lodge against the skin and cause a burn)
It is helpful that all ammunition be of the same type (i.e. same weight, manufacturer, etc) for this event. Our volunteers have identified several accessories that may be helpful at this type of event. Shooting will primarily be at 25 yards.
Optional Equipment: The following equipment is not required but may come in handy at the event:
- sling for your rifle (a US GI sling is preferred; loaner slings are typically available at the event)
- shooting mat, carpet remnant or similar (loaner shooting mats are typically available at the event)
- hat with a brim (to deflect flying hot brass)
- folding chair
- sunscreen and/or bug spray
Loaner Firearms: the club has a number of loaner firearms suitable for use at this event (Smith&Wesson M&P 15-22s). Please contact the Event Director prior to the event if you would like to request a loaner firearm.
Overview: This is our signature offering, based on traditional American riflecraft that teaches “Hits Count!” It is appropriate for a wide breadth of student skill levels. This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a variety of practical field positions. Rifle 125 includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Rifle parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions to include use of the sling
- Introduction to Sight Adjustments and basic calculation of minutes of angle
- 25 Yard “Morgan’s 13” Classifier
- 25 Yard Rifle Qualifier
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Additional Event Information
This event is open to the public and is appropriate for all ages that can safely handle a rifle.
All participants must have eye and ear protection.
All rifles must be cased unless on the firing line.
Additional Range Information
This event will be on bay 4 of the 25 yard range. Bottled water is provided for all participants.
A $5.00 range fee is required for all participants.
Wondering What to Bring?
Don’t See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere’s Riders events.