- This event has passed.
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – Two Day (Nashville, IN)
Dec 2, 2017 @ 8:00 am—Dec 3, 2017 @ 5:00 pm EST
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) Overview
Equipment: Bring 150 to 200 rounds of ammunition per day and a safe rifle. It is helpful that all ammunition be of the same type (i.e. same weight, manufacturer, etc) for this event. Our volunteers have identified several accessories that may be helpful at this type of event. Shooting will primarily be at 25 yards. At some facilities, it may be possible to move out to longer distances, but a rimfire rifle should be just fine for all activities.
Overview: This our signature offering, based on traditional American riflecraft that teaches “Hits Count!” It is appropriate for a wide breadth of student skill levels. This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a variety of practical field positions. Rifle 125 includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Rifle parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions to include use of the sling
- Introduction to Sight Adjustments and basic calculation of minutes of angle
- 25 Yard “Morgan’s 13” Classifier
- 25 Yard Rifle Qualifier
- Two Day Only: Intermediate calculation of minutes of angle for precise sight adjustments at all ranges
- Two Day Only: Introduction to Field Shooting, to include basic ballistics and live firing to longer distances (if the range facility permits)
- Two Day Only: As time allows, there may be additional opportunities to engage in challenging competitions to include the Rifle Qualifier, Classic Carbine Qualification, Battle Rattle, and/or Field Shoot
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Additional Event Information
- We will have a fire going for the entire weekend so if you get cold out on the range you can take a break and warm up.
- Be sure to bring a lunch as restaurants in Columbus and Nashville are not close enough to visit without missing instruction and history presentations that are given during the lunch break.
- On Saturday, we will provide supplies for making S’Mores (yum!).
- If you have one, bring your centerfire rifle for the Known Distance (KD) segment on Sunday afternoon.
Rifle Scope Drawing
We will be doing a drawing for two rifle scopes during this event:
You must be registered for the event to participate in the drawing; winner of the first scope drawing is ineligible for the second scope drawing (i.e., you can’t win both scopes).
Wondering What to Bring?
Don’t See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere’s Riders events.