Intermediate Pistol – Two Day (Midvale, OH)
Mar 16, 2024 @ 8:30 am—Mar 17, 2024 @ 4:00 pm EDT
This event will be RIMFIRE ONLY and will be held on an indoor range! Please bring your .22LR chambered pistol only; centerfire pistols will not be allowed on the firing line due to range limitations.
Intermediate Pistol Overview
Prerequisites: This course has no formal prerequisites, but is a fast-paced program covering a lot of instructional points. The course is designed to instill pistol marksmanship fundamentals into attendees who’ve taken an entry-level class already and who are familiar with the safe handling and operation of a pistol. If you are totally new to firearms/pistols, you may be better served to attend our (Basic Pistol) course which has a slower pace.
Youth 16 – 18 must be accompanied by parent for both days. Youth under 16 years of age can contact Event Director for evaluation of attendance.
Estimated Ammunition Required: About 500/700 rounds for the entire 2-day course.
Pistol Requirements: You will need a safe semi-automatic pistol with a minimum of two (2) functioning magazines of ten (10) or more round capacity (bringing additional magazines recommended), to fully participate in this course. Pistols should be of a modern, drop safe design.
Required Equipment: Please review our suggestions for appropriate equipment and plan to bring the following:
- at least two magazines for your pistol
- a case for your pistol
- a way to take notes
- hearing protection
- eye protection
- plenty of your preferred method of hydration (both plain water and something to replace electrolytes you will lose via sweating is ideal)
- clothing appropriate for the weather (loose fitting clothing, especially around the neck, is discouraged as hot brass can lodge against the skin and cause a burn)
- lunch (there are no restaurants sufficiently close to the range)
We will not be drawing from the holster in this class and we will run a “cold range.” You will not need a holster to participate in the class activities.
Optional Equipment: The following equipment is not required but may come in handy at the event:
- stapler (and extra staples) to attach your target to the backer board
- hat with a brim (to deflect flying hot brass)
- folding chair
- sunscreen and/or bug spray (outdoor events only)
Loaner Firearms: loaner firearms suitable for use at this event are generally available but limited. Please contact the Event Director prior to the event if you would like to request a loaner firearm.
Overview: This course, based on traditional American service pistol fundamentals teaches “Hits Count!” This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a practical stance. Pistol skills development includes classroom, drills and range time to improve your hand gun skills. Students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Pistol parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Proper Two Hand, Strong Hand, Weak Hand, Stance, Grip & Trigger Press.
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shot Group Analysis
- Clearing Common Stoppages
- Progress checks throughout the event using a multi-target qualifier
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Additional Event Information
$10.00 per person range fee for non members. Please bring cash with you to cover this fee.
Make sure to bring a lunch with you as there are no convenient options off the range for getting lunch in the time we have allotted.