Vortex Optics has made the extremely generous donation of a two-day session of firearms training at their Vortex Edge facility in Barneveld, Wisconsin to the Marty Brown Memorial™ series of events. This package will include the following:
- 1 day of rifle instruction on the Vortex Edge 1000-yard rifle range
- 1 day of pistol instruction on the Vortex Edge underground range
- 2 nights of lodging
- all meals from arrival in Barneveld, Wisconsin to departure
- all firearms (if desired)
- all ammunition
- in-depth tour of the Vortex factory
- up to 4 persons
- event can be scheduled whenever is convenient for all parties (not constrained to Vortex Edge published training dates)
- no expiration date
This is a phenomenal firearms training package from a top-tier training organization.
Instructors at Vortex Edge include:
- Adrian Alan–Adrian is a 15-year law enforcement veteran with experience in both urban and rural jurisdictions. Adrian has worked in patrol, as a field training officer, on a crime suppression team and on SWAT, including five years attached to his agency’s sniper platoon where he deployed on warrants, callouts, dignitary visits and public events. Adrian is an armorer on multiple weapon platforms, holds numerous WI DOJ LESB instructor and MIT certifications, is a law enforcement sniper instructor and has taught a broad range of topics to law enforcement personnel, military units and private citizens.
- Pete Schreier–Pete has previously served in both law enforcement, as a deputy sheriff, and in the military – completing tours in both Kosovo and Iraq as an infantryman with the US Army’s 10th Mountain Division. Pete first learned to shoot in the Boy Scouts, and as an early adopter of the pistol-mounted optic, is a highly-competitive USPSA shooter in the carry optics division.
- Justin Lipska–Justin is a 10-year military veteran who served eight years with 10th Special Forces Group, serving as a Weapons Sergeant on a SFOD-A team where he conducted a wide variety of duties including weapons training, unconventional warfare, direct action, special reconnaissance and foreign internal defense missions. Justin also served as both a Special Forces sniper, and sniper instructor conducting training in advanced long-range marksmanship and sniper operations for 10th SFG(A). Justin has multiple deployments to Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
- Chris Urrutia–Chris has served in both military and law enforcement for a combined 17 years, during which he deployed with 3rd Battalion 2nd Marines to Afghanistan and Iraq in support of the Global War on Terror. Chris also served as a patrol officer and SWAT Sniper during his time with the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department in North Carolina. Chris started shooting after bootcamp, and has invested heavily in his own skillset development during his career. Always a student, Chris continues to seek out training to develop himself as both a shooter and instructor.
This Vortex Edge Firearms Training package will be a “silent auction” item with bidding open at each of the upcoming Marty Brown Memorial™ events:
Bidding will close at the end of the Marty Brown Memorial Invitational in November, 2021 (exact date to be determined).