Revere's Riders has made changes to how we run our events in order to align with current CDC recommendations.
- This event has passed.
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – One Day (Laramie WY)
Aug 21 @ 8:00 am—5:00 pm MDT
Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) Overview
Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day.
Rifle Requirements: You will need a safe rifle chambered in your preferred caliber. Magazine-fed semi-automatic rifles generally work best for our classes, but any other type of rifle (tube-fed semi-automatic, lever-action, bolt-action, etc.) can be used as well. Bring whatever rifle you have and we will work with you.
Required Equipment: Please review our suggestions for appropriate Rifle 125 equipment and plan to bring the following:
- sling for your rifle (a GI M-1 (rifle, NOT carbine) web sling (WW2-thru-today; common on M-1 and M-14 rifles) is strongly preferred as our instruction will be specific to this sling; loaner slings are typically available at the event; alternatively, a Magpul RLS or M-1907 style sling are also quite serviceable)
- at least two magazines for your rifle
- a way to take notes
- hearing protection
- eye protection
- plenty of your preferred method of hydration (both plain water and something to replace electrolytes you will lose via sweating is ideal; a “camelback” style hydration pack or refillable water bottle is highly recommended while disposable store-bought water is discouraged as it leads to a large amount of plastic waste post-event)
- clothing appropriate for the weather (loose fitting clothing, especially around the neck, is discouraged as hot brass can lodge against the skin and cause a burn)
- shooting mat, carpet remnant or similar including weights or stakes to hold the mat down in the wind
- hat with a brim (to deflect flying hot brass)
- stapler (and extra staples) to attach your target to the backer board
- folding chair
- lunch (this is a working lunch; you MUST bring your lunch, there is no time to leave the event and get lunch)
- sunscreen and/or bug spray
It is helpful that all ammunition be of the same type (i.e. same weight, manufacturer, etc) for this event. Shooting will primarily be at 25 yards. At some facilities, it may be possible to move out to longer distances, but a rimfire rifle should be just fine for all activities.
Loaner Firearms: No loaner firearms are available for this event.
Overview: This is our signature offering, based on traditional American riflecraft that teaches “Hits Count!” It is appropriate for a wide breadth of student skill levels. This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a variety of practical field positions. Rifle 125 includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles. Students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Rifle parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shooting from the prone, standing and sitting/kneeling positions to include use of the sling
- Introduction to Sight Adjustments and basic calculation of minutes of angle
- 25 Yard “Morgan’s 13” Classifier
- 25 Yard Rifle Qualifier
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Marine Toys for Tots
This event supports the USMCR Toys for Tots program. If you can, we would like all participants to bring an unwrapped toy.
Additional Range Information
Any additional range information not contained in the “venue” section…
Wondering What to Bring?
Don't See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere's Riders events.