- This event has passed.
Pistol 100 (Basic Pistol) – One Day (Atlanta, IN)
Sep 11, 2021 @ 8:00 am—5:00 pm EDT
Pistol 100 (Basic Pistol) Overview
Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day.
Pistol Requirements: You will need a safe pistol with at least five round capacity to fully participate in this course. Pistols should be of a modern, drop safe design.
Older single action pistols manufactured before the 1980s and lacking a transfer bar safety are the most common type of pistol that lack drop safe design features, as do some military surplus imports from Eastern bloc countries and Taurus PT-series pistols not fixed during an international safety recall in 2015. These pistols may discharge if dropped and pose a potential safety hazard to our volunteers and students, and are not permitted. If you have concerns about the safety features of your pistol you should have it inspected by an armorer or gunsmith before class.
Required Equipment: Please review our suggestions for appropriate Pistol 100 equipment and plan to bring the following:
- at least two magazines for your pistol
- a way to take notes
- hearing protection
- eye protection
- plenty of your preferred method of hydration (both plain water and something to replace electrolytes you will lose via sweating is ideal)
- clothing appropriate for the weather (loose fitting clothing, especially around the neck, is discouraged as hot brass can lodge against the skin and cause a burn)
We will not be drawing from the holster in this class and we will run a “cold range.” You will not need a holster to participate in the class activities.
Optional Equipment: The following equipment is not required but may come in handy at the event:
- hat with a brim (to deflect flying hot brass)
- stapler (and extra staples) to attach your target to the backer board
- folding chair
- sunscreen and/or bug spray
Loaner Firearms: loaner firearms suitable for use at this event are generally available but limited. Please contact the Event Director prior to the event if you would like to request a loaner firearm.
Overview: This course, based on traditional American service pistol fundamentals teaches “Hits Count!” This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a practical stance. Pistol 100 includes classroom and range time learning to shoot handguns. Students learn:
- Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
- Pistol parts and operation & ammunition
- Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
- Two Handed Grip & Stance: Isoceles, benchrest, and low ready positions (Weaver may also be taught)
- Natural Point of Aim
- Shot Group Analysis
- Clearing Common Stoppages
- Whittemore’s Stand Pistol Qualifier
- Classic WW2 Pistol Qualification Test (optional)
The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
Hear the true story of Paul Revere’s famous ride and learn about the events that immediately precipitated the Revolutionary War. Paul Revere did not ride alone – many individuals played crucial roles in the events of April 19th, 1775.
This history presentation begins with alarm riders warning “the Regulars are out!” You’ll hear about the dramatic stand on Lexington Green and the “shots heard ’round the world” at Concord’s North Bridge. The tale concludes with harrowing life-or-death choices made along the 17 mile “battle road.”
This exciting tale will be woven throughout the day’s marksmanship events.
Wondering What to Bring?
Don’t See An Event Listed?
We have members in over a dozen states and can custom-schedule an event that meets your needs in a convenient location. Please contact us for more information.
Training Event Terms & Conditions
Please see the Training Event Terms & Conditions for important information on attending Revere’s Riders events.